Ridgedale Trout Farm Self Catering CottagesLocation: South Africa » Kwazulu Natal » Drakensberg » Drakensberg (East Griqualand) » Underberg
Ridgedale Trout Farm Self Catering Cottages
Ridgedale Trout Farm is situated just 10km from the village of Underberg in the Southern Drakensberg and just 30km from Sani Pass. We have a beautiful waterfall known as "The White Lady" entering into our dam which is stocked with trout.
We have 5 cottages on the property, 4 of which overlook the dam.
The 3 studio cottages that are equipped as follows: Twin/double bed, bath, kitchenette with stove/oven, microwave and fridge. Patio with small braai
This upmarket thatch house has 3 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Open plan kitchen with granite counters, stove/oven, microwave, fridge, washing machine and dishwasher. The stunning lounge has TV with DStv, & DVD player. The wooden covered patio has a weber and patio furniture.
Sleeping 8, this very basic cottage has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and large dining table inside. Outside there are 2 extra bedrooms and bathrooms. If you are just looking for a place to lay your head because you are going to be so busy enjoying our beautiful Southern Berg then this cottage will be suitable for you.
UNIT TYPE A (Sleeps 3)
Room 1 - double, single
UNIT TYPE B (Sleeps 2)
Room 1 - double
UNIT TYPE C (Sleeps 8)
Room 1 - king, king, double, double
What to bring:
- Passports (for the trip up Sani Pass).
- Camping chairs (for the Studio Cottages and picnics on our dam wall).
- Fly fishing equipment - we also have some for hire.
- Swimming towels.
- Warm clothing - no matter what time of the year - you just never know when it will snow.
Activities in the Area:
- Horse Riding trails at Khotso, which is just next door to us. Enjoy riding over hilltops with stunning views and through forests.
- River Rafting & Tubing is most enjoyed in the summer months and is conveniently done on the stretch of the Umzimkulu River just in front of Ridgedale Trout Farm.
- Trips up Sani Pass go up everyday and are led by well informed guides. For this your passport is essential as you will enter into Lesotho to have lunch at the highest pub in Africa at the Sani Top Chalet.
- Guided Quad Tours. Enjoy a sunset ride with stunning views.
- We have trout in our own dam and bass in the dam across the road from us.
- We can accommodate conferences for up to 25 people.
- We have 3 lovely Golf courses nearby.
- There are local pubs, restaurants and tea gardens in the nearby villages of Underberg and Himeville.
- Hiking trails available at a choice of Nature Reserves in the vicinity.