Ezulwini Game LodgeLocation: South Africa » Kwazulu Natal » Zululand » Elephant Coast » Hluhluwe
EZULWINI GAME LODGE, Self Catering Game Lodge
DescriptionEzulwini Lodge is situated in the indigenous Coastal Sandforest area directly bordering the Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park and a rich variety of bird and animal life are offered to visitors through game drives, at day or night, in open 4x4 vehicles.
Comfortable overnight facilities are available at Ezulwini Lodge, and there are choices between either one of seven self-catering units detailed under the Rates section below. Breakfast and dinner are being served in a central kitchen-lapa.
The facilities at Ezulwini Lodge are of highstanding quality, and we can assure you of a pleasant stay, here in the heart of all tourist activities.
A variety of other interesting pastime activities are being offered in the area such as:
Above mentioned outings can be undertaken either by yourself, or by Ezulwini Lodge if so requested.
- A 2 hour boat trip on the Msinene River with a rich riverbank life, where amongst other wild life, crocodiles, water birds and other game can be seen from the boat. The Msinene River also debouch into the St. Lucia Lake and plays a sustainable role in the maintenance or this world renowned ecological system, which is now proclaimed as a world heritage site.
- Dumazulu is offering traditional Zulu dances, culture, traditional and a Reptile Park.
- Untouched wildlife can further be seen at the famous Hluhluwe/Umfolozi Nature Reserve in either open game drive vehicles or a boat ride on the Hluhluwe River.
- False Bay Park which forms a part of the St Lucia Lake offers excellent horse riding, hiking, fishing, boating and cycling.
- St. Lucia offers boat charters for deep sea fishing, whale watching and river cruises on the lake. Excellent restaurants, grocery shops and curio shops are also available. (Bookings can be made at the office.)
AttractionsVisitors to Ezulwini Game Lodge have a variety of options to fill their days, including game viewing and birdwatching within our own reserve in open 4 x 4 vehicles where the scarce suni (Livingstone’s antelope) and red duiker vie with African Broad Bill, Pinkthroated Twinspot and the beautiful Narina Trogen as prime species. Early morning or late evening walks are rewarding experiences, with the chance to get unusually close to game, maybe even seeing a bushbaby that only makes its presence known by a raucous night cry. Visits to nearby internationally famous KwaZulu game reserves, cultural venues, fossil beds and other bird watching areas are available by prior arrangement in 4 x 4 open vehicle tours. Fishing can also be enjoyed in the nearby Lake St Lucia’s False Bay Park.
Zululand is one of South Africa’s most diverse regions, offering a glimpse of the imperial world of the Zulu. The nearby Lake St Lucia and Sodwana Bay offer scuba-diving on the world’s southern-most coral reefs, aerial whale shark watching, as well as deep sea fishing. Alternatively, slip silently past prolific birdlife while river cruising down freshwater lakes and floodplains.